Please call 754-277-4120 to schedule an appointment at our convenient location in Fort Lauderdale. Dr. Michael Frederick also serves the surrounding Broward County towns of Weston, Hollywoood and Cooper City. We also welcome patients from the Miami area, including Aventura and Coral Gables. Dr. Frederick also has strong ties to our Palm Beach neighbors from Boca Raton, West Palm Beach, Palm Beach Gardens and Jupiter.
A tummy tuck, or abdominoplasty, is a contouring surgical procedure that removes excess fat and redundant skin from the midsection to create an optimized abdomen. Patients of Le Spa Plastic Surgery can count on a beautifully reshaped abdomen thanks to the addition of SAFELipo, a highly accurate fat removal method. This has provided patients with a smoother, firmer abdominal profile that wasn’t possible with past techniques. If you want to see how you can achieve a tighter, firmer abdomen then take the first step and schedule a personalized consultation with Dr. Michael Frederick. Schedule this informative appointment to get started on making your aesthetic vision come to life! To reach our offices in Fort Lauderdale, FL, please call 754-277-4120.
Many procedures devoted to sculpting a better body have been developed in the past century. Modern body contouring methods date back to 1870, when surgeons pioneered a procedure to repair umbilical hernias.  Today, the procedure has been perfected and surgical methods deliver effective, attractive results. Patients can now look forward to a further enhanced procedure with the combination of a tummy tuck procedure and SAFELipo. Once the appropriate incisions are made, Dr. Frederick will use this fat removal solution to create a beneficial aesthetic for patients. Standing for Separation, Aspiration, and Fat Equalization, this liposuction technique offers accurate fat removal. Below is how we utilize this technology: 
- Separation: Dr. Frederick utilizes a small cannula to separate fat from the surrounding tissue. Tumescent fluid is injected into the treated area to emulsify and loosen fat.
- Aspiration: The process removes unwanted fat with a gentle suction from a cannula. This is done without causing damage to surrounding tissue.
- Fat Equalization: Equalization of fat is the final step of the process. The remaining layer of fat is evened out for a smooth, consistent surface. This causes fewer surface irregularities, bumps, or indentations visible under the skin.
The benefits of a tummy tuck go beyond aesthetic rejuvenation and improve muscular function. The routine procedure offers patients a smoother, taut abdominal core. You’re sure to leave our office with a newfound sense of self-esteem and better movement. You can enjoy these other benefits too:
- Slimmer waistline
- Repaired stretched abdominal muscles
- Flatter, smoother stomach
- Increase in wardrobe options
- Long-lasting results
Abdominoplasty may be a solution for those who want to achieve a tighter, firmer midsection. Patients with excess skin and fat caused by aging, past surgeries, and weight change may benefit from the surgery. As a part of the “mommy makeover,” a tummy tuck repairs damaged muscles and flattens the abdomens for women who have recently given birth. Dr. Frederick recommends prospective candidates be mindful of the following criteria: 
- Be physically healthy and at a stable weight
- Have loose, hanging, or lax skin in the abdomen
- Are not pregnant or planning future pregnancies
- Should not treat the surgery as a weight loss solution
- Be committed to maintaining a healthy lifestyle after surgery
- Have sensible expectations of your results
Le Spa Plastic Surgery can help you achieve the abdominal aesthetic you want. Contact us for a consultation by filling out our online form or by calling 754-277-4120 to reach a customer care representative at either office.
Nestled in the heart of Fort Lauderdale, Le Spa Plastic Surgery offers patients individualized, concierge care. Dr. Michael Frederick has years of experience bestowing patients with excellent results. To learn more about how Dr. Mike has changed patients’ lives for the better, just take a look at his patient’s glowing reviews!
Your consultation with Dr. Frederick is a two-way conversation that addresses your concerns and lets us understand how we can help meet your needs. First, we’ll review your medical history and perform a physical examination of your midsection. This will be your chance to tell us your ideal aesthetic. The more definitive your expectations are, the easier it will be for us to find a solution to achieve them. Once we’ve developed your treatment plan, we’ll explain how your tummy tuck will provide an optimized look and improved performance for your abdominals. Depending on the condition of your abdomen and your desired results, we will decide between a mini, full, and extended tummy tuck. After we’ve finalized everything, you’ll be given a list of items to complete before surgery. They should be followed carefully to ensure a streamlined process with great results.
Le Spa Plastic Surgery places patient safety and experience above all else. To prepare, Dr. Frederick will supply you with instructions that are specific to you. Below is a general guideline for what to do beforehand:
- Prepare to give up smoking a few weeks before surgery and for the entire recuperation process. Smoking can significantly affect the surgery and the healing process.
- Adjust medications. Blood thinners and over-the-counter painkillers such as aspirin and ibuprofen can increase the chance of excessive bleeding during surgery.
- Go to the drug store and fill any prescriptions ordered by Dr. Frederick so that you’ll have them on hand after your procedure.
- Ask a trusted friend or family member to provide transportation home and assistance for the first day of your recovery.
- Prepare a comfortable place to rest and recover, with essentials within close reach. You will need to avoid laying flat on your back to avoid putting strain on your healing incisions, so make sure you have a comfortable recliner or plenty of pillows.
Before we get started, you’ll be administered general anesthesia or IV sedation to ensure your comfort. Your exact pathway to a taut midsection may look different depending on your condition. Your consultation will determine which tummy tuck method is best for you. Here are the two approaches:
MINI TUMMY TUCK
Patients with modest amounts of excess skin and fat will benefit from this method. First, Dr. Frederick makes a small incision just above the pubic area and follows the same steps as a traditional abdominoplasty, removing excess fat and redraping the skin. Any redundant skin is excised before the incision is sutured closed. Muscles are not tightened during this procedure. The smaller incision can easily be hidden under the bikini line.
FULL TUMMY TUCK
A full tummy tuck procedure is used to treat the most common causes of excess skin and damaged abdominal muscles. Dr. Frederick begins by making an incision that runs just above the pubic area and extends between the hip bones. Another encircles the navel to preserve the natural location of the belly button. Next, stubborn body fat below the skin will be liposuctioned out using a small cannula. Separated muscles are restored to correct diastasis recti. Next, he’ll gingerly drape the skin firmly over your newly contoured abdomen, creating a new opening to accommodate the intact belly button. Finally, the incision is sutured closed once the appropriate skin has been excised. 
Recovery from a tummy tuck should take place within 3-6 months. With each passing week, your new results will show and your symptoms will improve. While every patient heals differently, below is a general guideline of what to expect:
- Plan to take it easy during the first week of recovery. You may have limited movement but be sure to take short walks regularly to maintain good circulation.
- Minimize tension on the wound by resting and sleeping in an inclined position.
- Mild discomfort, soreness, and swelling may be felt during the first few weeks. Take the prescribed medication as directed by Dr. Frederick for the first 3-6 days, then transition to ibuprofen.
- You may return to light activities and desk work within 2-4 weeks. After that, avoid strenuous movement for an additional six weeks.
- A compression guard or abdominal binder will be given to you to wear for two weeks to maintain the integrity of your results.
Patients are thrilled with their results. Once the recovery period is over, they see a noticeable difference in their midsection. The optimized body profile allows better movement, more clothing options, and heightened self-confidence. The results are yours to keep for years as long as you’re committed to maintaining a healthy lifestyle with a proper diet and regular exercise.
Corresponding & Complementary Procedures
Le Spa Plastic Surgery offers patients a wide range of procedures to target various parts of the body. Some of them can be combined with your tummy tuck procedure or performed separately. Patients considering a tummy tuck may also benefit from:
- Brazilian Butt Lift: Patients wanting to add natural-looking substance to their backside can do so with a simple BBL procedure. Dr. Frederick utilizes novel techniques like total subcutaneous Expansion Vibration Lipofilling or EVL to optimize results.
- Breast Augmentation: This surgical enhancement alters the size and shape of the breasts with the use of an implant. The end result is a projected, perkier profile.
- Breast Lift / Reduction: A lift corrects lax breast tissue caused by pregnancy, breastfeeding, weight loss, or aging. This procedure involves removing excess breast tissue from the chest o that the breasts are lifted, and the nipple is raised to a higher location for enhanced projection. Conversely, a reduction uses the same techniques as a lift but reduces the size of the breasts to alleviate the physical and psychological demands of larger breasts.
The final cost of your tummy tuck will depend on several factors. The exact method of tummy tuck procedure, the use of liposuction, and any additional procedures added on will be included in the final price. We’ll give you an accurate estimate at the time of your consultation. To learn more about pricing, check out our financing page.
WHAT KIND OF ANESTHESIA IS USED?
Patients will be administered IV sedation or general anesthesia for their comfort.
IS THE PROCEDURE PAINFUL?
Throughout the procedure, pain is kept to a minimum because of the anesthesia. During the aftercare process, patients may feel mild to moderate feelings of pain and discomfort. Our office will prescribe medication to relieve discomfort.
- Branford, O. (2018). Abdominoplasty procedure. Journal of Aesthetic Nursing, 7(10), 542–545. https://doi.org/10.12968/joan.2018.7.10.542
- Mirrafati, S. (2005). Abdominoplasty History and Techniques (M. A. Shiffman & S. Mirrafati, Eds.). Springer Link; Springer. https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007%2F3-540-27263-1_4
- Wall, MD, FACS, S., & R Claiborne, MD, J. (2021). Oup.com. https://academic.oup.com/asj/article/40/2/194/5697293
- Regan, J.-P., & Casaubon, J. T. (2020). Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck). PubMed; StatPearls Publishing. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK431058/
*RESULTS MAY VARY