Please call 754-277-4120 to schedule an appointment at our convenient location in Fort Lauderdale. Dr. Michael Frederick also serves the surrounding Broward County towns of Weston, Hollywoood and Cooper City. We also welcome patients from the Miami area, including Aventura and Coral Gables. Dr. Frederick also has strong ties to our Palm Beach neighbors from Boca Raton, West Palm Beach, Palm Beach Gardens and Jupiter.
Breast augmentation is a surgical enhancement surgery that uses implants to increase the size and volume of the breasts. This safe, popular procedure gives many women an effective solution to achieve a bigger chest size. Since the 1960s, innovative advancements in cosmetic procedures have improved implant offerings. Today’s implants can safely provide a striking new figure. If you’re interested in altering the shape or size of your breasts, then schedule an appointment with the friendly staff of Le Spa Plastic Surgery in Fort Lauderdale, FL. Dr. Michael Frederick is here to listen to your aesthetic goals and help you choose the right implant. Use your easy online contact form or call (754) 277-4120 to get started.
Many factors can play into a woman’s breast size. Genetics, weight fluctuations, and aging are all contributing factors. Breast augmentation is a procedure that revises what was given to you by nature and helps you regain a confident body image. This procedure uses implants to help you achieve a curvier, more dynamic breast profile that can be tailored to your preferences. Knowing which implant can endow your ideal aesthetic requires the knowledge and expertise of a compassionate and experienced plastic surgeon like Dr. Frederick. Whether you’re looking for dramatic contours or a modest boost, there are choices to fit any concern. During your consultation, Dr. Frederick will interview you on your augmentation goals to understand how to proceed with your enhancement surgery. Here are a few factors that will be considered:
- Structure: Breast implants are usually made of silicone or saline. Saline implants are placed into the breast pocket and filled with saline according to the patient’s specifications. By contrast, silicone implants are pre-filled semi-solids that have a natural look and feel.
- Dimensions: Increasing the breast size is measured in cubic centimeters (cc’s), not cup size. Both saline and silicone implants come in sizes that range in average from around 120cc to 800cc.
- Shape: Round and anatomical (teardrop) are two main implant shapes. Round implants are circular and give fuller cleavage. By comparison, teardrop-shaped implants have a slight slope for a more natural profile for more petite women who desire a smaller implant.
Patients looking to achieve a more prominent, symmetrical look for their breasts will see many benefits. Here’s what you can look forward to:
- Perkier, fuller, and better-positioned breasts
- Better symmetry for the breasts and the upper body
- Naturally looking, long-lasting results
- Increased clothing options
- Boost in self-confidence
Adult women in good physical and mental health with no underlying health problems are ideal candidates for breast augmentation. We ask patients to:
- Be at a healthy weight
- Not currently be pregnant or breastfeeding
- Not smoke for three weeks before surgery or for the duration of their recovery
- Have a clear understanding of what the procedure can do
Personal Consultation with Dr. Frederick
ABOUT LE SPA PLASTIC SURGERY
Patients know they can come to Le Spa Plastic Surgery for unparalleled care. Dr. Michael Frederick and his kind staff are devoted to their patients’ concerns to achieve the best results. He finds it profoundly rewarding to transform bodies in order to rebuild lives and self-confidence.
Your scheduled consultation will happen at any one of our two conveniently located offices in Fort Lauderdale. Your meeting with Dr. Frederick is your chance to discuss your concerns and ask any questions. This gives us a chance to see what kind of result you are wishing to achieve. Next, Dr. Frederick will examine the breasts to see which implants best suit your needs. Once we’ve determined the size and material that will achieve your goals, we’ll walk you through the details of your procedure. At the end of your appointment, we’ll schedule your surgery date and give you a list of preparatory items to complete. Dr. Frederick and his staff want you to be well informed and thoroughly prepared to ensure that you have the best experience possible.
Schedule your informative consultation with Dr. Frederick. Or, simply call (754) 277-4120 to book one. If you’re not in the Fort Lauderdale area, our office is pleased to offer patients virtual consultation. Just follow the prompts to submit your information and our staff will be in touch.
Preparing for your surgery will go a long way in ensuring a short recovery time and optimal results. We ask patients to:
- Arrange transportation: Designate a friend or someone you trust to take you home as the effects of anesthesia will make you unfit to drive.
- Take time off: Request 2-3 weeks off from your employer to rest and recuperate.
- Temporarily quit smoking: Nicotine is known to constrict blood vessels and slow down recovery. Please stop consumption two weeks before and throughout your recovery period.
- Adjust medication: Hold off on taking blood-thinning medications and supplements such as aspirin, NSAIDs, or ibuprofen. They may cause excessive bleeding.
Your breast augmentation surgery will take between 60-90 minutes to complete. Once the anesthesia takes effect, Dr. Frederick will make a few small incisions to create a pocket for the implant. Incisions may be made along the areolar edge (near the nipple), inframammary fold (fold under the breast), or axillary (under the armpit). The implant can be placed either submuscularly, just under the pectoral muscle, or subglandularly, over the pectoral muscle. As the implants are placed, Dr. Frederick will ensure the implants provide volume and symmetry to the chest area. Once the desired look is perfected, the incisions will be closed. Just before you go, Dr. Friedrick will wrap your breasts with a compression garment and support bra that you will continue to wear for a few weeks.
Your recovery period can last 6-8 weeks. While patients heal at their own speed, here’s what your recovery may look like:
FIRST SEVEN DAYS
After your surgery, your breast will be covered with a support bra. You may also have drainage tubes that will be removed in a few days. In the week ahead, you may feel soreness, discomfort, minor bleeding, and bruising. Please take the prescribed pain medication prescribed by Dr. Frederick. After the first week, pain should be reduced and light daily activities can resume.
WEEKS TWO AND THREE
During this time, reduced soreness and swelling in the breasts should make it easier to return to work. Continue to wear the support bra at this time to maintain proper healing.
At this stage, you should be fully recovered. All normal activities can be continued at this time.
Corresponding & Complementary Procedures
Le Spa Plastic Surgery is pleased to offer patients a full suite of breast surgery procedures. Whether you’re looking to enhance the size of your chest or reduce it, Dr. Frederick is highly experienced in providing patients with natural-looking results. Here’s is what we offer:
- Breast Augmentation with Lift: A breast augmentation with lift combines procedures that lift the breasts, remove excess skin to correct sagging, add volume, enhance the shape, and provide a better position of the breasts.
- Breast Reduction: Breast reduction uses the same techniques as a breast lift to reduce the size of the breast. Patients who experience back, neck, and shoulder pain will find relief from this surgical procedure.
- Breast Revision / Reconstruction: This procedure corrects complications from a past breast enhancement surgery by either changing the size of the implant or repositioning the breasts for a better chest profile.
- Gynecomastia: Male clients afflicted with excess breast tissue can have it permanently, surgically removed with a simple liposuction procedure. Dr. Frederick makes a small incision made under the areola. A SAFELipo cannula is placed under the skin then goes to work to remove redundant fat cells. Enlarged glandular tissue can be safely excised.
- Transition Top Surgery: Transgender patients on their gender confirmation journey can turn to Dr. Frederick to alter the appearance of their chest. A female-to-male (FTM) top surgery involves removing breast tissue and shaping the chest to reflect a flatterer, male appearance. A male-to-female (MTF) top surgery utilizes breast implants to alter the size and shape to achieve a female appearance.
WHEN CAN I RESUME EXERCISING AFTER BREAST AUGMENTATION SURGERY?
We recommend patients start off slow with their physical movements. Exercise and strenuous activity can be continued in six weeks following the operation. Doing this earlier than expected may cause shifting of the implants or healing problems.
WILL I NEED TO REPLACE MY IMPLANTS?
Over time your breasts will change from pregnancy, breastfeeding, weight fluctuations, or aging. The implants may also adjust position or change as they age. Due to these many factors, it is not uncommon to have another breast procedure at some point later in life to maintain breast health and an optimal appearance.