Please call 754-277-4120 to schedule an appointment at our convenient location in Fort Lauderdale. Dr. Michael Frederick also serves the surrounding Broward County towns of Weston, Hollywoood and Cooper City. We also welcome patients from the Miami area, including Aventura and Coral Gables. Dr. Frederick also has strong ties to our Palm Beach neighbors from Boca Raton, West Palm Beach, Palm Beach Gardens and Jupiter.
A Brazilian butt lift is a body contouring treatment that utilizes a patient’s own fat to increase the curvature of the buttocks.  This minimally invasive surgery can be customized to provide patients with a more voluptuous butt, and streamlined contours elsewhere. To achieve this highly sought-after look, patients will have fat liposuctioned from areas with unwanted fat, such as the abdomen or thighs. The fat is then strategically introduced to the buttocks for enhanced volume.  At Le Spa Plastic Surgery, Dr. Michael Frederick and his staff are here to provide you with results that will have a lasting effect on your body and confidence. If you’ve been considering accentuating your buttocks, contact our office for a consultation. To reach our Fort Lauderdale offices directly, call (754) 277-4120.
About Brazilian Butt Lift
The “hour-glass” figure is back, and curvier buttocks are more desirable than ever. In fact, some studies have shown that the ideal waist-to-hip ratio has changed significantly over the past few years. Smaller waists and more generous derrieres are now in vogue, doubtlessly thanks to the influence of social media and celebrities.  And, medical advances over the past few decades have made obtaining these curves possible. Buttock augmentation swiftly gained popularity in Brazil in the late 80s, and as liposuction and fat grafting techniques became more refined in the following decades, the Brazilian Butt Lift became a mainstay of plastic surgery. 
One of the main reasons for the popularity of the Brazilian Butt Lift is that it’s not just a gluteal augmentation; it’s a body contouring procedure that takes the entire lower physique into consideration. Patients can boost their backside while slimming down other areas of their body for maximum effect.
BBL BENEFITS INCLUDE:
- Ability to improve contours and projection, which can be tailored to a patient’s preferences
- Fat can be harvested from unwanted deposits in the thighs, back, and flanks
- More pronounced curvature
- Eliminates the need for synthetic implants, which require replacement
- No risk of rejection or allergic reaction, since the patient’s own fat is being used
- Long-lasting results
- Improved confidence
Dr. Frederick ensures that his patients enjoy the best results possible by employing state-of-the-art technology when performing this procedure. He performs liposuction using SafeLipo, a liposuction system that’s gentler on the patient, and gentler on the fat cells, ensuring a better survival rate for the fat cells once transplanted. Brazilian Butt Lifts are frequently performed using injections of processed fat. This technique poses a higher risk of complications, including contour irregularity. As part of his commitment to patient safety and satisfaction, Dr. Frederick uses SafeLipo’s innovative fat transfer technology: total subcutaneous Expansion Vibration Lipofilling, or EVL.
The cannula used in this technique has a specially designed tip that vibrates, creating space for the transferred fat and ensuring that a larger amount is able to be placed. EVL cannulas are larger than those used during traditional fat transfers, and the power-assisted propulsion allows the surgeon to place fat more evenly for smoother results.
Brazilian Butt Lifts have provided hundreds of thousands of patients with a shapelier backside. In fact, the American Society of Plastic Surgeons 2020 statistics report estimates that over 20,000 buttock augmentations with fat grafts were performed in the US that year. However, BBLs are surgical procedures and are not for everyone. Ideal candidates for a Brazilian Butt lift are :
- Free from underlying medical conditions such as bleeding disorders
- Have adequate deposits of adipose tissue in donor areas
- Within the target range of an ideal BMI 
- Willing to quit all nicotine usage until their recovery is complete
- Unable to achieve their ideal aesthetic with diet and exercise alone
- Aware of what the recovery process entails, and the kind of results that can be achieved
Personal Consultation with Dr. Frederick
Dr. Michael Frederick goes beyond traditional “cooking-cutter” approaches and provides results that are tailored to each patient. He and his staff are committed to providing state-of-the-art medical care and beautiful results to each of their patients.
At your consultation, you and Dr. Frederick will discuss your unique desires and determine the best path to achieving them. You’ll have the opportunity to learn more about the services offered at Le Spa, and after reviewing your medical history and an examination, Dr. Frederick will be able to evaluate your candidacy for a BBL. If you are eligible to undergo this procedure safely, he’ll identify potential harvest sites, and discuss the kind of results that are possible for your Brazilian Butt Lift.
To start the process, call us at (754) 277-4120 to schedule a consultation at our Fort Lauderdale location on Las Olas. Out-of-town patients can click here to schedule a virtual consultation. After a brief submission process, one of our patient coordinators will schedule an appointment to meet online.
Patients will be briefed on the preparatory steps they need to complete before surgery. Each patient will have their own unique set of instructions but following a few general guidelines will ensure a smooth procedure with excellent results.
- Adjust medications as instructed, including NSAIDs and other blood-thinning prescriptions and supplements
- Designate a responsible adult to drive you home once the surgery is complete.
- Head over to the drug store and fill the prescriptions that Dr. Mike has ordered in advance of your procedure
- Arrange to take 1-2 weeks off from work
Patients will have their BBL treatment done at our state-of-the-art surgical facilities in Fort Lauderdale. To start, Dr. Frederick will make markings to guide the liposuction and fat injection. You’ll have the opportunity to ask any last-minute questions and review the details of your procedure. You’ll then be administered general anesthesia. Once it takes effect, Dr. Frederick will begin the liposuction process. He will make tiny incisions in the area(s) you wish to slenderize. These allow the SafeLipo cannula to be inserted to harvest the fat deposits.  This fat will then be filtered and prepared for the EVL stage of the procedure. The long, curved cannula will allow him to transplant an even, smooth layer of fat and create your ideal contours. Because not all of the transferred fat will remain in place as you recover, Dr. Frederick will be sure to slightly over-fill your buttocks to ensure that you are left with adequate curvature. To complete your procedure, he’ll close your incisions with dissolvable stitches and you will be dressed in a compression garment to protect your results. 
Recovery from a Brazilian Butt Lift
As the effects of the anesthesia wear off over the next few days, you’ll experience moderate discomfort, swelling, and bruising around the treated areas. Taking the prescribed medication and following your post-op instructions will ensure that your recovery goes smoothly and that you heal according to schedule. You’ll return to Le Spa for regular follow-up appointments so that we can monitor your progress. As you recuperate, you will need to avoid applying any pressure on your buttocks. Placing any weight on your healing fat graft can affect the survival of the fat cells, and diminish your results. This means avoiding sitting and resting only on your front or sides for the next 2-3 weeks. By this time, the above symptoms should have greatly improved, and you should be able to resume light activity. However, please hold off on more physically demanding activities until 6-8 weeks after surgery.  By this time, the fat graft will have settled into its new home, and you’ll be able to see the full extent of your final results.
Once you’ve fully recovered, you will be able to enjoy more curvaceous contours for your rear end and a slimmer silhouette in the harvest areas. Your commitment to a healthy lifestyle and maintaining a stable weight will ensure that your results retain all of their impact and that you’ll have a voluptuous figure for years to come.
Cost of a Brazilian Butt Lift in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Because your BBL is tailored to your anatomy and your cosmetic goals, the details of your procedure will be unique to you. As a result, the final cost of a Brazilian Butt Lift varies slightly from patient to patient. Le Spa Plastic Surgery will be able to give you a detailed pricing breakdown following your personal consultation. Eligible patients can also take advantage of financing that allows them more convenient payment options.
- Cansanção, A., & Condé-Green, A. (2021). Gluteal Fat Augmentation: Best Practices in Brazilian Butt Lift. In Google Books. Springer Nature. https://books.google.com/books?hl=en&lr=&id=WvggEAAAQBAJ&oi=fnd&pg=PR11&dq=brazilian+butt+lift+journal%3B+article&ots=W053VtDCTQ&sig=U9kGfQzn5imOkFahL4fWMCnwilE
- Conde-Green, A., Cansancao, A. L., Rosique, R. G., Junqueira Rosique, M., & Cervantes, A. (2018). Abstract: Brazilian Butt Lift Performed by Brazilian Plastic Surgeons: Reports of an Expert Opinion Survey. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery – Global Open, 6, 82–83. https://doi.org/10.1097/01.gox.0000546929.57725.02
- O’Neill, R. C., Abu-Ghname, A., Davis, M. J., Chamata, E., Rammos, C. K., & Winocour, S. J. (2020). The Role of Fat Grafting in Buttock Augmentation. Seminars in Plastic Surgery, 34(01), 038–046. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7023974/
- Villanueva, N. L., Del Vecchio, D. A., Afrooz, P. N., Carboy, J. A., & Rohrich, R. J. (2018). Staying Safe during Gluteal Fat Transplantation. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, 141(1), 79–86. https://doi.org/10.1097/PRS.0000000000003934